Ann of Lifeatannsplace has tagged me to write 6 random things about myself. Here are the rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6)
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
It took me a few days to try to come up with 6 interesting to say about myself. I'm not sure these qualify, but here goes:
1. As a little girl I always wanted to have a large family. I prayed for one for many years. Be careful what you ask God for. I married a man with 4 children and with my 3 children, I now have 7 beautiful blessings. We raised them together and I love them all very much.
2. I have eaten lunch underwater with my husband! My hubby is a retired Navy man. On his last deployment out to sea, a select group of wives were allowed the opportunity to meet the submarine by tugboat as it was coming back after a long three months away. We were allowed to board the submarine and ride it back in to port. We went underwater and sat with our husbands and had lunch in their quarters. It was so much fun and an experience I will remember forever.
It was a great way to celebrate the end of a long career in the Navy.
3. I am a creature of habit and when I find something that I like to eat, I can eat it every night for weeks without getting bored of it. When my husband would be away from home, I would do just that. This past week I have been on a ham sandwich kick. I love it slathered with lots of mayonnaise and pickles. YUMMY! I could have one right now as a matter of fact! When we go out to dinner with friends everyone always knows what I will order - it has to be halibut of course!
4. I am also a very picky eater. I don't like most seafood (funny - that my favorite meal is halibut!) and I especially dislike shrimp. They remind me of little grasshoppers and the thought of biting into their rubbery little bodies makes me shudder - ick!
5. I have developed a sleeping disorder over the years. When I was young, I loved to stay up until the television went off the air. But as I got older and when the children were young, the only time I had to myself was in the wee hours of the morning. I would force myself to get up and have my quiet time and enjoy my coffee before the day started for everyone else. I grew to love my morning time. It is my favorite time of the day now - the only problem is, that I love it so much that I have a hard time staying asleep at night. I start waking up at 3:00 in the morning and can 't wait to start my day. I force myself to stay in bed until 5:00. If I am tossing and turning too much I will get up at 3:30 or 4:00 so I don't bother my husband. Unfortunately though - I am not able to stay awake longer than 9:00 at night. A real fun person to be around! My husband gets so annoyed because I haven't been able to see a movie in its entirety for years. He has given up trying to keep me awake. That is what Tivo is for :)
6. I didn't start driving until I was 26 years old. I became a mother at a very young age and wasn't able to take drivers ed in school. I rode the bus with two children with all of their baby equipment with us for years. I would walk to the store and use the roof of the stroller as a place to carry my bags of groceries. One day a nice lady took pity on me and offered me a ride home - I had a turkey on the stroller that day for Thanksgiving! My first car that I bought - that was my very own - was a Gremlin.
Remember those beauties? It was my pride and joy though! (by the way - that's NOT my old car - mine was a lovely yellow color) I loved that car for the simple reason that I could go anywhere I wanted in it and it didn't take me all day to get somewhere!
Riveting information wasn't it? If you are still awake, I would ask you to check out the 6 wonderful people I am tagging to see what they will say about themselves.
I am tagging-
4. Ruth Ann