Sunday, February 28, 2010

Do Ye Now Believe?


"By this we believe....Jesus answered, Do ye now believe?"


Now we believe. Jesus says - Do you? The time is coming when you will leave me alone. Many a Christian worker had left Jesus Christ alone and gone into work from a sense of duty, or from a sense of need arising out of his own particular discernment. The reason for this is the absence of the resurrection life of Jesus. The soul has got out of intimate contact with God by leaning to its own religious understanding. There is no sin in it, and no punishment attached to it; but when the soul realizes how he has hindered his understanding of Jesus Christ, and produced for himself perpelexities and sorrows and difficulties, it is with shame and contrition he has to come back.


We need to rely on the resurrection life of Jesus much deeper than we do, to get into the habit of steadily referring everything back to Him; instead of this we make our common sense decisions and ask God to bless them. He cannot, it is not in His domain. it is severed from reality. If we do a thing from a sense of duty, we are putting up a standard in competition with Jesus Christ. We become a "superior person," and say - "Now in this matter I must do this and that." We have put our sense of duty on the throne instead of the resurrection life of Jesus. We are not told to walk in the light of conscience or of a sense of duty, but to walk in the light as God is in the light. When we do anything from a sense of duty, we can back it up by argument; when we do anything in obedience to the Lord, there is no argument possible; that is why a saint can be easily ridiculed.

My Utmost For His Highest - Oswald Chambers

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Yes, I believe, and need to always live like I do. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Lisa said...

Hi Kymber,
This is a great post! I just scrolled down and read your previous post. I'll be praying that God sheds His light in this situation. Sometimes God is in the delay. Be patient, be prayerful but don't give up.:) Hang in there Friend.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

amen. I want to hear and obey. I want to do what He says....Sarah

Anonymous said...

Amen!Amen!

The Muse said...

If we do a thing from a sense of duty, we are putting up a standard in competition with Jesus Christ.

those words kymber, very very powerful!
Be blessed my friend!

Charlotte said...

This is an interesting perspective. We definitely need to let Him lead the way. You're right. Too many times we figure out what we think is the best idea and then want God to bless it. We need to let Him be our guide. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Beginner said...

Very profound; this post brings on a lot of thought. May God's light shine on you in the coming week.

Denise said...

Bless you dear one.

Musings of A Minister said...

Another good post. You have once again given us something to think seriously about. Thank you.

RCUBEs said...

What an eye opener when I accepted His offer of forgiveness! I thought to myself, "How did I make it so hard on myself for many years to try to be good so I can go to heaven?" When it is so simple...just accept His love and grace. Yes, I love that simplicity in Christ Jesus, our Lord! Blessings to you sister and praying for God's strength and wisdom to cover you. Take care.