Friday, November 28, 2008

In Transition























This is very blurry, but I am so proud of myself! This is the first time I have ever added a picture to anything on the computer. Bear with me please - as I will be doing alot of experimenting until I get it right - please ignore the creases in my tablecloth - I really SHOULD have ironed, but I was too excited to put the table together, and once done, I didn't want to take it apart again.

I am slowly trying to take down my Fall decorations and begin decorating for Christmas. Since I am new to blogging, I haven't had a chance to show you all some of my feeble attempts at decorating. Actually, I am quite happy with how my house looked for the Fall. I did most of my decorating on a budget. I am having so much fun trying to find ways to decorate using thrift store finds. This centerpiece was created using candlestick holders that I have been collecting. I have been buying them from thrift stores when I find them. I wasn't sure if I should spray paint them all the same color or keep them the way they are. I decided to leave them for the time being but I may change them if I continue to use them for Christmas.






























I like the fact that they are all different and vary in height. It created the exact presentation that I wanted it to. I wanted it to be eclectic and different. My husband looked at the table and said, "Uh...honey, don't you think the candles are too big to fit the candle holders? Aren't they supposed to be for smaller candles?"

Don't you just love our men? They just don't get it do they!
That's okay though - he will learn eventually that I am saving us so much money! Each candlestick cost me no more than $3.00. Can't beat that - a great look at a low price.



This is a small corner of my kitchen counter. I don't know why, but I really love the look of the pumpkin gourds under glass. They have stayed fresh looking since September and I hate to throw them away. I have learned all of these neat ideas from reading so many very creative blogs. I love learning new ways of making my house a home. It is a fun challenge to create beauty on a budget.
So now it is time to take down the old and put up the new. Even though I am coming up on a very difficult holiday without my children being home with me, I can try with this fun new outlet, to bring some warmth and comfort inside these new walls. I can create a spirit of joy for me and my husband despite the obstacles before us. I look forward now to the challenge!
I wanted to thank you all - who took the time to comment on my first blogpost. I wish you could have seen how excited I was! I called my son in - shrieking and jumping up and down. He is used to my goofiness - yet I don't think he understands the fun I am having with all of this. I look forward to getting to know you all as my new friends. I would love to comment to you personally, but am unsure as to how I can do this in response to your individual comments. How do you all do this - I would love some suggestions as to how you do this on your blogs.
Blessings to you all,
Kymber

4 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Looks good girl..and you will be doing many more pictures to come trust me!! now to leave a comment just hit on the person's name and it will take you to there profile page and then hit on their blog and go to there end of post and you'll see where you can leave a comment..You can go to any blogger list on there blog and just open it to go to others blogs..Any thing I can do to help you let me know..just hit my name and it will bring you to me!!!Your table looks great..I have been putting up my tree all day...hugs and smiles Gloria

Glenda said...

I would like to add to what Gloria had to say, that if someone, like myself, doesn't have a blog, then the only way you can "speak" to them is by leaving a comment on you own blog. Especially if they ask you a question. If I ever ask a blogger a question, I bookmark the page so I can return and check for an answer.
You are doing a splendid job, and I repeat, Welcome To Georgia.

kymber said...

Glenda,
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I hope you have come back to read this. Please let me know if you do so that I know that I am doing this right. I am very happy to meet a fellow Southerner.I am enjoying my new home here and look forward to seeing the seasons as they change. So far I love the mild weather - although today is looking a lot like Washington weather. :) Anyway, thanks for stopping by and visiting me and for the warm welcome.
Ya'll come back now - ya hear? :)
Blessings,
Kymber

Glenda said...

Since you responded to my other post, I thought you might have to this one as well. You have got it 100% right. Gloria is a doll, but I think she may forget, not everybody has a blog. I don't usually check back after I comment, unless I asked a question, or there is a running conversation that I am trying to keep up with. My sister lives in Metro Atlanta too, and is the one that pointed me to your blog. "She" does have a blog which I think you follow.

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Good luck with the new creatures that have been added to your life, and with your blog also.