Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Fun


I thought I would join in the fun today at All The Small Stuff and...


Balancing Beauty and Bedlam because I have a great cupcake recipe to share with you for Halloween. Please visit these two very talented ladies later to view all of the mouthwatering recipes from the other participants. Thank you ladies for hosting this fun event!


Last weekend we had an Octoberfest block party in our neighborhood. I was asked to make some cupcakes for the event and after searching the internet for some ideas, I came up with these:
Hmmm....not the best photos but you get the idea! These were taken very early in the morning so I am showing both pictures - with flash and without flash. I made these beauties at 4:00 in the morning before I left for work so that my hubby could take them to the party - hence the rush job on the lettering! The kiddos didn't seem to mind though :-)


So simple to make and not too scary for the little ones! They were a huge hit and disappeared quickly.

If I were to make these again I would probably use a different frosting for the word"Boo". The gel icing wasn't thick enough and made it kind of messy to eat.

The "tombstones" were made with NutterButter Cookies

I dipped them in melted white chocolate. You could probably use the Milano cookies from Pepperidge Farms instead if you wanted to leave them plain.



These cupcakes are so rich because I used my favorite cupcake recipe - you could always use a mix from a box for these as well.
Here is my very favorite cupcake recipe - I am sure they will be your favorite too. They have cream cheese and chocolate chips in the middle of them - yummy!


Black Bottom Cupcakes
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tsps vanilla
3/4 cup oil

Filling:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
8 oz. cream cheese
1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips

Mix cupcake ingredients in bowl. Pour into cupcake containers. Fill halfway.
Filling:
Mix filling ingredients except chips.Whip until fluffy, add chocolate chips. Spoon heaping teaspoon of filling in center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Check with toothpick. Store in refrigerator.
Hope you enjoy them!
Blessings to you,

11 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Oh how adorable!!! Great job! Enjoy your day!

Loren said...

Awesome job Kymber!! They look delicious ~
I will have to try them out!

Have a blessed day

RCUBEs said...

I haven't practiced my baking prowess in a while...Maybe you're you're telling me something today...:)

Nevertheless, I'm always excited to hear from you sister, not only on SS...Those look good!!!Thank you for sharing this recipe! Hope all is well with you sister and may God bless you in everything that you do! Have a great week! Love you sister in Christ!

Debbie said...

These look soo yummy. My grandkids would love them. I will have to try them for them. Have a good day...Blessings, Debbie

Andrea said...

Yummy! and adorable!

Blessings, andrea

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! idea. Geri

Beginner said...

These may not be "quite" as healthy as the Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins, but I'm very sure they are just as good.

May God continue to give you the strength you need, to do all that you do. The Devil doesn't stand a chance with you, since your hands are never idle.

kymber said...

Hi Beginner,
That made me giggle :-)
I agree - they are definitely not as healthy as the banana muffins I posted. I guarantee they are worth every calorie though :)

As for the staying idle part. I used to love to have down time - I forgot what that is like now. When I DO have time to sit back and veg my mind is racing to the next project! I WISH I could learn to relax more - even when I am supposed to be sleeping I will wake up and think about the day ahead. At times it can be SO annoying :-)
((Hugs to you my friend))
Kymber

Cole said...

Those cupcakes look FABULOUS!! Thanks for sharing with TATT.

sweetpralinemadness said...

Adorable cupcakes!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Thanks for linking up to TAsty Tuesday. They are adorable. :)